We seek to improve the lives of refugees and displaced people around the world – to ease their pain, reduce their sense of isolation and bring hope for a better future.
Rotary Creates Environment For Peace
As a humanitarian organization, we have the opportunity to help make a difference by carrying out service projects and supporting peace fellowships and scholarships. Our members take action to address the underlying causes of conflict, including poverty, discrimination, ethnic tension, lack of access to education, and unequal distribution of resources.
Our commitment to peacebuilding today answers new challenges: how we can make the greatest possible impact and how we can achieve our vision of lasting change. We are approaching the concept of peace with greater cohesion and inclusivity, broadening the scope of what we mean by peacebuilding, and finding more ways for people to get involved.
Rotary creates environments where peace can happen—where people come together with shared values around one table so they can make meaningful connections with each other as well as know that everyone matters equally regardless of their background or differences.
What Rotary Is Doing
Rotary is dedicated to fostering training, education, and practices geared towards peacebuilding and conflict prevention. We channel our efforts into initiatives that drive the transformation of conflicts within our communities and across the globe.
By prioritizing both prevention and transformation, Rotary members proactively identify and tackle the root causes, relationships, and societal frameworks that give rise to conflict. This comprehensive approach allows communities to transcend mere conflict resolution or management, leading to a positive shift in the very environment that once bred violence or the potential for it. This emphasis on transformation is pivotal in laying the groundwork for sustainable, enduring peace.
Rotary members can actively participate in this domain by crafting projects that:
- Empower individuals and communities to reshape conflict-ridden environments, nurturing a culture of peace
- Educate and train community members in peace-centric skills, leadership, and techniques for conflict prevention and resolution
- Render services that facilitate the integration of vulnerable individuals, affected by conflicts, into society
- Enhance dialogue and foster better community relations, leading to optimized resource management
- Endow scholarships for postgraduate studies, supporting professionals with a passion for peacebuilding and conflict prevention
- Facilitate cross-cultural exchanges and provide platforms for enriching dialogues.
The Rotary Peace Centers
The Rotary Peace Centers program has a vision of sustainable peace. To support this, Rotary has developed strategic partnerships with leading universities around the world. Through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the program develops the capacity of peace and development practitioners to become experienced and effective catalysts for peace.
Learn more about the Rotary Peace Centers program and Rotary Peace Fellowships.
Rotary and its members are:
Rotary’s Four Roles in Promoting Peace
- Practitioners: Our work fighting disease, providing clean water and sanitation, improving the
health of mothers and children, supporting education, and growing local economies directly
builds the optimal conditions for peaceful societies.
- Educators: Our Rotary Peace Centres have trained over 1,300 peace fellows to become
effective catalysts for peace through careers in government, education, and international
- Mediators: Our members have negotiated humanitarian ceasefires in areas of conflict to allow
polio vaccinators to reach children who are at risk.
- Advocates: Our members have an integral role as respected, impartial participants during
peace processes and in post-conflict reconstruction. We focus on creating communities and
convening groups that are connected, inclusive, and resilient
Follow Us on Social Media
Rcljinnahpakistan.com is owned by Rotary Club Lahore Jinnah. R.I.D 3272. Club Id: 76966. Chartered: 08.08.2007
Maintained & Developed By:
(c) 2020 All Rights Reserved.